Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Week Old Chicks (Time to expand)

The chicks are a week old now and I also added 4 baby Peking Ducks so I did expend their brooder a bit and moved the cardboard addition a few inches out.  They have now tested out running.  The ducks are also enjoying their new home and trying to figure out how to bath in the waterer.  They are getting more feathers now but of course there is no way to yet tell if I have any boys in the crew.  I do have one that is straight run so time will tell.   The ducks are all straight run so my HOPE is that I have three girls and a boy...that of course prob isn't the case so we will see what happens.  Here are some pictures of the crew at one week of age.  The ducks are just under a week.

OUR DUCKLING ADDITIONS

EXPANDING THE BROODER (ITS ABOUT 4X4 FOOT NOW, MAYBE A LITTLE SMALLER)

No comments:

Post a Comment